Last year Young Farming Champion Bronwyn Roberts had the exciting opportunity to be the guest speaker at the Marcus Oldham College Leadership Program Gala Dinner.
She wrote this truly inspiring post to share her experience
Bronwyn Roberts had a big year in 2013. Not only was she the guest speaker at the Marcus Oldham Leadership Dinner she won the prestigious 2013 Red Meat Industry Emerging Leader Award
Bron was overwhelmed by the combined talent of the young people she met who were participating in the 2013 Leadership program and she has asked me to promote the 2014 MARCUS OLDHAM RURAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM far and wide.
This program is a once a year opportunity to participate on an intense five-day workshop conducted on the College campus at Geelong, commencing on the last Sunday in June each year.
To seek to develop the skills and knowledge of participants to enable them:
- To undertake a leadership role in their industry or community
- To competently represent their industry or community in decision making forums
- To understand and address the issues facing rural industries and rural communities
- To develop the leadership, communication and planning skills of individuals in the Program, through their participation in a process of self-discovery, skills training, knowledge building and team development
- To provide opportunities for participants to network with keynote speakers from industry and the community
You can visit here to read more about the program
and download the nomination brochure here
Bron is now on the board of the Australian Beef Industry Foundation and they are offering together with the Future Farmers Network (FFN) two opportunities for commercial cattle producers, aged between 25 and 40 to attend the one-week Rural Leadership Program at the Marcus Oldham College in Geelong, Victoria in June this year.